Pages

Wednesday 3 October 2012

Lush: Toothy Tabs

...
I have returned from my long weekend away - much refreshed and feeling so much better for the break!

I now have a week off work to look forward to in November.  If vague plans become a little more concise, I may be flying off Europe over the Remembrance Sunday weekend.  May not happen but it's something to look forward to!

Anyhoo - back to blogging of dental related topics.

Upon my return I found the Lush Times Christmas issue waiting for me.  Naturally, I had a flip through the pages, wishing there was a Lush branch nearer home.  The closest one requires either a specific trip to the area or else I order online which is what I did for my shampoo some time ago.

Then, lo and behold ...


Toothy Tabs!

I have no idea how long these have been about but it's the first time I've come across them and it's only right that I share!  :)

Toothy Tabs are solid toothpaste tablets - you pop one in your mouth, suggested between your front teeth, you nibble at it and it produces a foam much like a typical toothpaste.  Wet your toothbrush and proceed as normal!

Sounds like a cool idea to me.  There's also no "chemicals, preservatives and unnecessary packaging".

The packaging is made from recycled cardboard and of course you can recycle it yourself once you're done with the pack.  No more left over toothpaste stuck in the tube that you can't squeeze out, not to mention the non-recyclable tube that gets sent to landfill!

BIG thumbs up from me as far as that's concerned!

Lush have also included Fairtrade ingredients in the "Atomic" flavour and all of the Tab varieties are suitable for Vegans.

Eco-friendly aspects aside - do they really work?

Lush dutifully performed trials using the different varieties of Toothy Tabs (they come in many different flavours) with regular trips to the dentist over a three month period.  You can check out the video here or else drop by the Lush website and search 'toothy tabs' should that link go AWOL at any point.

The tabs performed well in the trial so that's very encouraging.

AND if you happen to be at all concerned about your fluoride intake - either from your current toothpaste or other sources - this should help alleviate your worry ... Toothy Tabs are fluoride free.


So.  What lovely flavours are there?  Here's a quick rundown.

Ultrablast - peppermint, spearmint and lavender
Sparkle - vanilla, lemon and grapefruit
Breath of God - fennel, vanilla and sandalwood
Chou Chou, I Love You - rose and lemon  (I hope I've got that right, the blurb isn't 100% clear)
Aquatic - Earl Grey, lime and jasmine
Dirty - spearmint (the classic minty fresh flavour had to be here somewhere)
Atomic - clove and cinnamon

You may want to check out Lush's website - they may come out with new flavours in the meantime and you can check out reviews and current prices.  At the time of writing the tabs are priced between £2 and £3.50 depending on the variety (Dirty and Aquatic respectively.)

Each pack contains 40 tabs, so for £2 to try a pack out, it's not much is it?  Sounds like they're worth a go!

As much as I'd love to rush out and get a pack, remember I mentioned earlier about my lack of local Lush branch?  Yeah, I'm not spending that much on petrol and parking just for a pack of Toothy Tabs alone.  Just being realistic here.  If my shampoo was running low, I'd take the opportunity to order it online and throw in a pack of Sparkle or Breath of God.  But my massive bottle is nowhere near being empty - over 20 washes out of it and the contents isn't even down to the top of the label.  Not going to run out for months yet!

Hmmm, pondering ...

It occurs to me that maybe I could order one of each and give them to people at Christmas - I'm making up little gift bags for everyone this year, each with lots of little gifts inside rather than one big gift which I've done in the past.  Might not be a bad idea to consider these as little extras.

Lots of unusual and intriguing flavours to try out


Anybody reading this tried Toothy Tabs before?   I've clearly been slow on the uptake as according the comments on Lush's website, they've been around for months already!

Have you tried them yourself?  Any preference as to the variety you'd recommend or not?  Please share!  :)



0 comments:

Post a Comment