Pages

Friday 17 August 2012

Round One Complete

...
I think my interview went OK.  :)

I was quite nervous - which is typically my downfall in interviews these days.  But I do think the practice manager understood and I hope I otherwise made a good impression.

As already mentioned, there are two jobs up for grabs.  The trainee dental nurse role is three days a week, which would actually give me more hours than I'm currently working.  I currently work short shifts over six days but three solid days works out better.  It would also involve going to college for one evening a week.

That role would be great since it would get me straight in with the training.

On the other hand, the receptionist role will also involve some dental nursing responsibilities so it would be a great stepping stone towards becoming a dental nurse.  Added to that the job is full time, five days a week - so the money would be a lot better.

So they're pretty balanced as to which one I'd like to have.  If I'm offered either of them, I'll gladly accept!

But I am going to have to wait until next week to find out if I'm through to Round Two of the interview.  It would involve spending a day at the practice, being on reception to see how I am with the patients, and some time in with the dentists, shadowing a dental nurse.

All sounds quite exciting!  I'm hopeful, partly because I doubt I would have been told what Round Two consists of if I didn't have a hope in hell of being invited back.

I don't know how many other people are being interviewed.  I applied to this practice simply ages ago and got a call back, so I'm pondering how many other people they've simply called up from their stock of CV's.  Like I've said before, I'm not surprised that companies don't have to advertise their vacancies any more - with so many people looking for work, they can save a lot of money by simply going through the applications they already have.

I've got my fingers crossed that I'll at least get invited back.  With two jobs up for grabs I can imagine maybe four people getting through to Round Two.

Shall just have to sit tight and hope for the best!

0 comments:

Post a Comment